Voting

Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Only Thing Constant in Life is Change

This phrase has been ringing through my head over the past few weeks as I have had many conversations with myself about how to focus in and be strong enough to embrace the many changes that we are going through right now.

However, there are a few things/places that can always make me feel at home when I feel like I am in the middle of nowhere essentially starting life over.

1. Costco
2. Wal-Mart
3. Target
4. Church

These four places always feel the same, and I am grateful for that. It is amazing to me that I can go anywhere in the country, and essentially anywhere in the world, and the Mormon church is the same. The people change, the building may look a little different, but it is still the same. I know that I can walk into any church building and while it may take me a few weeks to remember where the bathroom is, or how to find my way around the building, there will always be nursery for my kids, Relief Society for me, and Sacrament meeting for our family.

It is times like these that I am reminded though of how grateful I am for my family and our relationships with each other. I am so lucky to have parents, sisters, and a brother that I can honestly call my best friends. In this day and age, these type of relationships are rare. Although I am far away from my comfort zone (family), I am just glad to know that these people exist in my life and are only a phone call away.

Tomorrow is Brian's official first day, which I am sure will start with a throwing up session and a lot of nervous pacing around the house. Hopefully I'll have lots of fun updates as Brian suits up in his scrubs and heads out for the medical world!

4 comments:

  1. And the good news is...They are Super Target and Super Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the pictures! I'm glad you are finding your way around. I can't wait to come visit :) We miss you so much!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, the Costco here is BACKWARDS! I felt like the world had turned inside out the first time I walked in. I've been 4 or 5 times since we moved here in July and I still get so confused!

    ReplyDelete