Voting

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Monumental Day

On the HOMEFRONT
I woke up this morning and have never been so excited by urine in my life. Evan actually sat on the potty and went pee this morning! This is a big day for us because there has been so many changes lately that I haven't wanted to push the issue of potty training with him until he was ready. It was so cute watching how excited he was to know that he could actually do it. Soon after he finished, he told me he was ready to go buy his rocket ship. Evan has a really good memory. A few days ago I was trying to get him to try to go on the potty so I told him that if he went, I would buy him the rocket ship at target that he asks for every time we go there. The rest is history. We went to Target after breakfast and Evan is now the proud owner of the Imaginext Rocket Ship - but has yet to pee on the potty again. I plan to stick to stickers from now on for rewards!

In the MEDICAL WORLD
What is going on in the walls of our home is completely different than what is going on in Brian's world right now. Brian came home today from school smelling of formaldehyde. This smell took me back to my piggy days where during a Biology class in college I had to dissect a fetal pig - so gross! It is amazing to see how excited Brian is about dissecting a human and separating their fat from their skin. I guess you know you are meant to be in the medical field when squirting fat excites you. Brian was having so much fun cutting and exploring his patient that he said he could have stayed in the lab all night learning and working.

Moral of the story - I think Brian is going to make an excellent doctor. I know its going to be a long road and a lot of hard work for all parties involved, but he loves this field and is passionate about it. He wants to learn and he wants to help people - two things that I think make for a great physician. As Brian's wife, I am really excited for him. He has worked really hard to get to where he is and he is absolutely radiant right now - its really fun to see/experience with him.

2 comments:

  1. Jonsey!!!!! And Family!!!!!! I am now going to be a follower of the Jonsey Clan. Super Excited to hear about all the adventures that ensue. Take Care.
    Hammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - welcome to the blog world! I agree that sometimes it's just a pretty, perfect place in the mommy blog world, but it's a nice way to stay in touch and it's sort of become my only journal that I am good at keeping. Welcome to Las Vegas - we are glad to have you here!

    ReplyDelete