Voting

Friday, August 13, 2010

There is a Blog Title for That

Things happen throughout the day with my kids and I think to myself, "now THAT would make a great blog title." By the time I have time to myself to sit down and actually blog, that title has escaped me. However, Evan did two things in the past 48 hours that were worth blogging.

Park It
My kids use to sleep in until 9am and apparently they are protesting Pacific Time because they are still waking up at 9am EST, which is a convenient 6am in Nevada. In order to maintain sanity for all involved, I took my kids out to the park this morning around 7am. Although Nevada can get really hot, when it is nice/pretty out, it is REALLY nice. Evan has gotten so accustomed to going to the park the past few weeks and having to feel the slide before going down to make sure he doesn't secure 3rd degree burns on his way down. This morning, as he prepared for the plunge, he felt the slide and was so excited that the slide was actually COLD. We were all excited about the delightful weather/early morning park trip!

Ocean Water
Evan has a true addiction to chocolate milk and asks for it several times throughout the day. To avoid too many issues with digestion, I offer him other things such as juice and water. Since moving to Nevada, Evan has discovered Sonic and its Ocean Water drink. The other day when I told him he couldn't have milk and he could chose either milk or water he said, "Okay Mom, I'll have Ocean Water" - he must think we have the goods on tap!

Things Are Rocky
You are probably reading this and assuming that I am having a hard time. When I say things are rocky, I literally mean rocky. Not my life, but more my backyard. I wouldn't say rocks are the most beautiful thing ever for landscaping, but they make life very low maintenance which is kind of nice. Both of my boys enjoy playing in the rocks too, and while it is "dusty" its not as muddy/dirty as playing in the dirt, so that is a plus as well. I know this seems like a random thought, but it wasn't until yesterday that I realized, "wow, I am surrounded by a ton of rocks". Maybe I should play one of those games where you have to guess how many rocks are in my backyard, similar to the jellybeans in a jar and the winner get a prize. I think the winning answer will be somewhere around 10 million, so take your best guess:)


2 comments:

  1. I am ADDICTED to Ocean Water. I just had some tonight! Sonic is just too far away in VA! So drink a lot for me! I'm guessing there is at least 500,000 rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your blog! Saw the link on facebook. Congrats on Vegas. I know Lo is excited to have you so close. Don't know if she told you, but my husband got accepted to Temple med in Philadelphia so we're living on your East Coast!

    ReplyDelete