Voting

Monday, October 25, 2010

Why I Love Having Little Boys

My heart aches to have a baby girl one day, but for now - I LOVE having little boys. It is hard to explain, but the relationship between a mom and her little boy is so sweet. Every week when I get ready for church Evan tells me that I am a princess, this never gets old. Yesterday, he told me that I was a princess and then told me to take a break from putting on my make up and hold his hand so he could spin me around....(heart melting). My little Owen is a bright eyed boy that is tough as nails but sweet as can be. While leaping through the air to land on the couch, he will usually sneak in a hug or lay on my lap for 3 seconds - and I love it. I say this because I was talking to my sister today about babies, and future babies, and she made me laugh. I am impulsive by nature, and TMI, if it wasn't for a temporarily permanent form of birth control, I would probably want to have another baby right now just because I love my two that I have so much. BUT I can't be impulsive, so I am going to wait until Owen is probably a little over three years old before going for number three. Right now, it is crazy and enjoyable. I love watching my boys run around the park together and actually play 20 percent of the time and only fight 80 percent:) They ride in their red wagon every day together to the park or around the block and we talk about pumpkins and skeletons while Evan points out where the shade is (he is still amazed when he isn't "hot" in Vegas). Life is busy, and sometimes lonely, but it is good.

While I am writing this blog, I am sitting on the couch next to Brian who is studying and occasionally checking my heart beat. He is studying the heart tonight. I am not always a fan of being his patient/guinea pig, but I'll take whatever attention I can get these days:) Brian got a 100 percent on a biochemistry test last week and a 90 percent on an Anatomy exam so I guess if the long hours of studying is paying off, I'll take the lack of attention for a bit/a long bit:)

This past weekend we went down to the strip after eating In N Out burger - which is becoming our Friday night routine. We took the boys to the Shark Reef Aquarium which was really fun. I felt like we reached a milestone in their ages that night. Although we brought the stroller, both of the boys got down and walked through the aquarium and actually stayed with us the whole time/didn't try to run off - it was a beautiful moment. This might sound lame, but anyone who has kids knows how frustrating it is to have one child enjoy something and the other one running no where in the opposite direction and having to chase them the whole time. Having both kids enjoy the same activity was awesome. There was one part where it looks like you are in a ship that has wrecked and the floor is cut out/covered by glass so that you can see the fish below you. Owen was convinced it was an open hole and when I tried to pull him on to it to stand with me he threw his legs up in the air so he wouldn't go over board - it was really funny. Evan enjoyed seeing the Starfish and said "Look Mom, it's star chicken" - his favorite menu item at Carls Jr. See the pictures below.






.


No comments:

Post a Comment